Much of my work touches on themes in classical Chinese epistemology. Relevant publications include these:
- Epistemic Competence and Agency in Sosa and Xunzi. In progress. Forthcoming in anthology on Ernest Sosa’s philosophy and Chinese thought, ed. Yong Huang.
- Knowledge and Error in Early Chinese Thought. Dao: A Journal of Comparative Philosophy 10.2 (2011): 127–48.
- Distinctions, Judgment, and Reasoning in Classical Chinese Thought. History and Philosophy of Logic 34.1 (2013), 1–24.
- Language and Logic in Xunzi. Forthcoming in the Dao Companion to Xunzi, Eric Hutton, ed. Dordrecht: Springer.
- Skepticism and Value in the Zhuangzi. International Philosophical Quarterly 49.4 (2009): 439–57.
- Mohist Epistemology. Section in "Mohism," Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- Epistemology in the Mohist "Canons." Section in "Mohist Canons," Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
Keywords: Chinese epistemology, Chinese skepticism, theory of knowledge, reliability, justification